Righto guys. It’s nearly spring. And according to the weather, it actually IS spring.
I love this time of year – crispy mornings, bright warm days, and crispy evenings. Gorgeous.
With the warmer weather, though, I’m starting to see more and more posts, articles and comments about ‘getting ready’ for summer. People prepping for having flesh on show. Which I get. But also, I want to calm this down a bit. Allow me to soap-box…
Let’s get something straight: you, my dear friends reading this, are gorgeous.
You’re lovely. You’re beautiful! You can wear what you want.
In my opinion (personal and professional), the most important thing – regardless of the season – is that you feel healthy, strong and full of beans. Because when you look after yourself, you feel good… and when you feel good, you’re comfortable in your own skin… and when you’re comfortable, well, you look your best.
So, instead of succumbing to fear and worry about bumps and bulges in the lead up to bikini season; take advantage of this beautiful change of season and let yourself enjoy the transition into warmer weather.
Here are some simple ideas on how you can make the best of it, each day:
- Dive right into the delicious fresh fruit and veg that’s coming into season now (there are heaps of options – start here).
- Drink water, regularly. Get in plenty of sips. Add a dash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar if you’re game (does excellent things for digestion).
- Enjoy herbal teas, including rooibos, lemongrass, peppermint and green tea. Hot or cold – over ice is a lovely treat when the weather’s warm.
- Get moving. Every day. Even if it’s just a gentle stretch for 10 mins when you wake up, taking the stairs instead of the lift, or going for a stroll around the park after work.
- Get some sunshine on your dial – enough for warm skin and rosy cheeks.