Here are five reasons I love lychees:
1. They’re, unequivocally, delicious.
2. They’re compact, come individually wrapped and travel reasonably well – perfect for a picnic.
3. Considering their teeniness, lychees have a considerable amount of vitamin C.
4. Nutritionally, lychees also contain a pretty decent amount of Potassium, an important electrolyte. So, post-exercise (particularly if you’ve sweated a lot) a small lychee feast, maybe combined with a gulp of coconut water, will replenish glycogen stores as well as some of the electrolytes lost in sweat. Just a thought.
5. They’re sort of heart-shaped, which is pretty nice to look at – and share with someone you love!
They’re in the markets at the moment, so, you know, hook in!